VCI ELECTION, 2014 - APPEAL
It gives me immense pleasure to greet you through this appeal. I, Dr. K. KRISHNA KUMAR, Vice-President of Andhra Pradesh Veterinary Council and one of the contestants in the VCI Election, 2014 with Sl. No. 31 on the Ballot Paper, humbly submit certain information regarding the election for electing 11 members to the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) which is being conducted once in 3 years through Postal Ballot.
With my personal experiences and struggle as a contestant since 2009 VCI election, I can confidently say that no single person was elected as the Member of VCI on popular mandate in the last decade. To know the facts, how these Members got elected in the past and how they have cheated the Veterinarians of the Country, please click MODUS OPERANDI OF RIGGING, WHY RIGGING WAS SUCCESSFUL?, PETITION TO CVC, REFERENCES 1-18 and COURT ORDERS where I uploaded >3000 Material Evidence papers of RIGGING in 2009- VCI Election.
MY ACHIEVEMENTS SINCE 2009:
1. Exposed the MODUS OPERANDI OF RIGGING practiced since a decade to the Government of India
2. Proved the intentional non-updation of addresses of Veterinarians in the Electoral Roll since a decade by VCI and stalled the VCI Election, 2009 of the entire country till the Central Government conducted the Re-election to Andhra Pradesh exclusively after updating the addresses of Veterinarians of A.P. in 2010 through my untiring legal battle upto Hon'ble Supreme Court level
3. Submitted >3000 papers to the CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION, NEW DELHI as a documentary evidence of Rigging in 2009-VCI Election. Case is still pending with CVC
Click For Next Slide
4. In 2013 also, the Secretary, VCI has intentionally published the Final Electoral Roll, 2013 replacing the updated addresses with more than a decade old addresses of Veterinarians of Andhra Pradesh. I represented the facts to the Central Government and successful in cancelling the Election Notification published on 12.02.2014. Now I can proudly claim that the addresses of Veterinarians have been corrected with my efforts.
5. My continuous representations on various dates on the issue made the Central Government to take-up following steps to curb rigging:
(i) Sending the Ballot Paper to the elector through REGISTERED POST
(ii) Voted Ballot Paper should be sent in ENVELOPE-B to the Returning Officer through Registered Post free of cost ( no postage cost to the Veterinarian)
(iii) Enclosing the self-attested Xerox copy of State Veterinary Council Registration Certificate along with the Declaration Form (Form-III)
(iv) Total election process is taken up in DADF, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi under the observation of the various officialsSCOPE FOR RIGGING IN VCI ELECTION, 2014:
1. Reforms brought by the Government of India may reduce the grabbing/purchasing the Ballot Papers at Post-offices but they will not prevent the collection of Ballot Papers by the contestants.
2. Most of the contestants in different States are busy in collection of the Ballot Papers from the innocent Veterinarians. That's why many contestants without any track record/vision becoming VCI members which is not a good sign in democracy and they are the development blocks of our profession.
Click For Next Slide
Hence, SELECT YOURSELF- VOTE YOURSELF- POST YOURSELF to avoid RIGGING.
This time, the Secretary and the Joint Secretary(C&DD), DADF, Government of India are making their sincere efforts for conducting the election in a fair and transparent manner. Hence, we all the Veterinarians should participate enthusiastically in voting to curb the rigging practices of 20-30 contestants who are making travesty of democracy.
As a well matured Veterinarian, now time has come to show your wisdom in assessing the COMPETENCY and VISION of each contestant for electing the right candidates as members of VCI through this election. I request you to spare at least 30 minutes immediately after receiving the Ballot Paper cover to SELECT the right candidates yourself, VOTE yourself (X mark only) and POST the Voted Ballot Paper yourself through REGISTERED-POST without any delay.Government of India has provided a pre-paid ENVELOPE-B to send the voted Ballot Paper through Registered-Post on free of cost.MY VISION 2014-17:
1. Review of 'MINIMUM STANDARDS IN VETERINARY EDUCATION' and amendments to be brought to strengthen the VETERINARY EDUCATION in the country
2. 'VETERINARY PRACTICE REGULATIONS BILL' denoting the minimum standards of VETERINARY PRACTICE in Government or Private establishments has to be prepared and placed before the Hon’ble Parliament of India for approval
3. Amendments to the INDIAN VETERINARY COUNCIL ACT, 1984
4. Revamping of INDIAN VETERINARY COUNCIL RULES, 1985 for electing 11 members to VCI
Click For Next Slide
5. Bringing a stringent law to ban practice of VETERINARY MEDICINE by NON-VETERINARIANS
6. Complete updation of INDIAN VETERINARY PRACTITIONERS REGISTER (IVPR)
7. Bringing transparency in conducting ALL INDIA PRE-VETERINARY TEST (AIPVT)
8. Bringing rationality and transparency in according the RECOGNIZATION to the VETERINARY COLLEGES in Government or Private sector
9. Transparency in recognizing the VETERINARY DEGREE PROGRAMS/CERTIFICATES from other countries
10. Making it mandatory to provide at least 5 hours of training in a year in professional skill up-gradation to each and every Registered Veterinary Practitioner at Regional/ National/ International Training Institutions under Continuous Veterinary Education program by VCI.
We, all THE VETERINARIANS, share a glorious VISION investing life around our profession with Happiness and Dignity. “ Every OPPORTUNITY implies an Obligation; Every RIGHT a Responsibility and Every POSSESSION a Duty ”
I take this humble opportunity to seek your valuable and wholehearted support and request your kindness to cast your vote in favor of me with Sl.No.31 on Ballot paper to achieve the VISION 2014-17 for the betterment of our noble profession.
Dr. K. KRISHNA KUMAR
Sl. No. 31 on Ballot Paper
Plot No. 179, SBI Colony
Phone: +91 98498 08009
Click For Next Slide